It is important to maintain vigilance and flexibility, both body and mind.
Garudasana – name characteristic strength, flexibility, and agility of the body as well as awareness, oneness, and sharpness of mind. Suppleness and elasticity of the extremities (hands and feet) result through the movement of the joints. Garudasana or eagle pose is excellent asana which embody double turns of the extremities as well.
The starting position
1. Stand with feet together and arms at sides.
Wrapping practice Betis
1. When you exhale, lift your left leg and wrap it around the right knee of the front and take it back from behind the right calf, lock right ankle with your left foot.
2. Once the balance on one leg secured, try to straighten your body.
3. Maintain the position for six seconds with a suspension of breath or breathe normally if you can not hold your breath.
4. Inhale, unwrap your feet and came to the starting position.
5. Repeat the same procedure with the opposite leg.
Wrapping Practice Weapons
1. When you exhale, extend your left arm with your elbows slightly bent. Place your right elbow on the inside of the right elbow. Now push outwards left arm and left to try to wrap a hand to join the palms of both hands.
2. Maintain the pose for six seconds with a suspension of breath.
3. While inhaling, return to starting position.
4. Repeat the same procedure with the opposite hand.
5. Practice this move for some time to get efficiency before the hands and feet can be practiced together.
1. Good Practice Steps 1 and 2 simultaneously.
2. Repeat the same process with the opposite leg and hand.
1. severe arthritis and problems with extremities, tennis elbow, frozen shoulder.
2. People with heart problems, hypertension and vertigo can practice lying down variation.
1. It strengthens the muscles, nerves tones and loosens the joints of your feet.
2. It stretches the hips, thighs, shoulders and upper back.
3. This increases flexibility in the thigh muscle tone.
4. It develops balance your body.
1. It helps relieve sciatica and arthritis in the feet and hands.
2. It develops balance.
3. It reduces the stiffness in the shoulder
1. sharpen awareness and concentration.
2. It keeps your mind alert.
3. It helps you to foster self-confidence.
1. Flexors, abductors and hip internal rotators
2. Planter ankle flexors, elbow flexors
3. protractors of the shoulder girdle
4. Flexors, abductor and medial shoulder Rotator