Advance Cobra Pose is a yoga pose that is bent backward. The Purna Bhujangasana Sanskrit name comes from three words. The first purna means Full, the second Bhujanga means Cobra and the third Asana means Posture. Practicing Advance Cobra Pose strengthens the spine so that it makes it as strong as a cobra. This is very useful in curing all spinal related problems. At the same time there are several other benefits from Purna Bhujangasana. Let’s start by knowing the steps to practice Purna Bhujangasana.
Steps for practicing Full Bhujangasana (Advance Cobra Pose)
Before practicing Purna Bhujangasana, make sure you have mastered Bhujangasana (Cobra Pose).
It is important to know the correct body position in the asanas to avoid all types of injuries and to get the maximum benefit from it. Following are the steps to practice Purna Bhujangasana correctly:
- Take a deep breath and take the last position of the Cobra Pose.
- Hold the position and take a normal breath.
- Exhale and lift both legs while bending your knees.
- Stretch your head, neck and shoulders back.
- Try touching the crown of the head with your toes or soles.
- Hold in the same position as long as you feel comfortable, breathing normally.
- Return to the starting position by lowering your legs.
- For a few seconds, relax at Bhujangasana.
- Take off the pose and relax in Makarasana (Crocodile Pose).
- Relax until breathing and heart rate return to normal.
Practice up to 3 times. Asana is most useful if followed by forward buckling asanas.
Precautions for Purna Bhujangasana (Advance Cobra Pose)
The precautions for Purna Bhujangasana that must be remembered are given below:
- Avoid pushing and stretching the body beyond the limit because it can cause unnecessary pain.
- Avoid practicing this asana if a person’s body is very stiff or if someone has a weak back, weak joints or a weak heart.
- People who suffer from one of these conditions should avoid practicing these asanas: back pain, high blood pressure, joint pain, hernia, hyperthyroidism, spinal disorders, ulcers, intestinal tuberculosis, or cervical spondylitis.
Benefits of Purna Bhujangasana (Advance Cobra Pose)
The health benefits of Purna Bhujangasana are as follows:
- Add strength to the spine so that it is springy and healthy.
- Improves digestion and helps relieve epigastric pain.
- Tone of female reproductive organs, especially the ovary and uterus.
- Improve blood circulation in the body.
- Fixing bent because it improves body posture.
- Stretch and strengthen the muscles of the body.
- Tone and massage on the abdominal organs.
- Improve liver and kidney function.
- Therefore, removing excess fat from the body helps get rid of excess weight.
Staying healthy remains strong and gets the best from life.