Age is just a number! With this pretext, many people tend to ignore their physical and mental health.
In life, a perfect balance is when the mind becomes weak, the body tends to take over and become stronger. Similarly, when the body becomes weak, the mind, strengthen and take over. Yoga helps in maintaining this balance between senior citizens. Have time and again proven to be beneficial for the older generation to improve mental flexibility, independence, health, and stamina.
Here are some tips for beginners old Yoga –
- Eat four times a day and try to eat only when hungry. old beginners should avoid overeating. Socialize more with people your age and taking regular walks. Try to surround yourself with positive people and thinking.
- Try to reflect on your daily events. Keep yourself busy!
- Try to be attention and praise when necessary. Trying and trying to change something without hope because of this Yoga.
Here are some helpful Asana for senior citizens:
Sitting Yoga Asana:
- Parvatasana or Mountain Pose with all variations – A stretch of the spine and good for health. It also improves focus and concentration.
- Baddha Konasana or butterfly Pose – this posture gentle exercise hips and joints that inadvertently help clear bowel movements and regulates digestion. It also reduces knee joint pain and stiffness.
- Ananda Balasana or Happy Baby Pose – An Asana is excellent for beginners elderly in Yoga! Practicing this pose helps to calm the nervous system and the relief of back pain.
- Marjariasana or Cat-Cow Sequence Pose- good to start with, for seniors or beginners yoga. Marjariasana helps tone the abdominal muscles, improves digestion and soothes the mind.
Standing Asana Yoga:
- Trikonasana or Triangle Pose- Trikonasana will help stretch the spine and open the pelvic region that on the other hand helps in regulating blood pressure is a common complaint among older people.
- Talasana or Palm tree Pose- This pose works perfectly for senior citizens bowed and help improve their posture. It strengthens the muscles are weak they are in the thigh and ankle, thus making it easier for them to move.
Lying Down On Back or Abdominal Yoga poses:
- Pavanamuktasana or eliminate wind pose – One of the best asanas that can be done lying on your back. This pose releases flatulence is a common digestive problem among the elderly. In addition, increase blood circulation to the pelvic region and is also useful in relieving tension.
- Bhujangasana or Cobra pose – With the passing of time, the blood circulation in the body tends to weaken this old man, then this position is recommended to help strengthen the same. In addition, to help them feel more active as pose Bhujangasana gives strength to the back and shoulder muscles.
- Shalabhasana or Locust pose – This is one of the best pose for neck and muscle tone and increase flexibility in the lower back. It also tones the abdominal organs and improves digestion.
Try pranayamas ease of Stress and Anxiety:
I or Equal Breathing Pranayama, Breathing stomach, Anulom- Vilom or alternate breathing exercise is a must for senior citizens when it comes to easing stress, to relax and get a good night’s sleep.
Good Quiet Sleep is very important:
Shavasana or Corpse Pose relaxes all the muscles in the body. It releases pent-up stress and help reduce body pain, tension and fatigue so relaxed enough mind for a good night’s sleep.
To summarize Yoga for senior citizens – the more you practice, the more independent it will keep you from others. In addition, regular classes also improve the ROM (range of motion) and will make you fit in. Therefore, switching to a better lifestyle and healthy living, a way of Yoga.